Margaret has developed an overall universal philosophical approach to her family law cases. Some tenants are:
- The “best interests” of the children is paramount.
- Open honest communication between the client and the lawyer is essential.
- Margaret and her client develop and refine the case strategy based upon the Client’s short-term and long-term goals and needs.
- Case strategy is focused on “positive” rather than “negative” goals.
- If the case can be settled short of going to trial, either through attorney-to-attorney negotiation, mediation or arbitration, Margaret strives to resolve the case as quickly and economically as possible, keeping the client’s goals in mind and,
- Should settlement efforts fail, be prepared to proceed to trial if the client’s goals can not be met in any other manner.